FMS Workforce Solutions, the FMS WDB assists businesses in accessing programs and services
Jobs can be posted with the New York State Job Bank (jobs.ny.gov) at no cost.
Career Fairs/Custom Recruiting:
These no-cost events enable businesses to meet several qualified candidates face-to-face. Events can be targeted to specific industries or to an individual business.
Skills Matching Services – NY Talent and SMART:
NY Talent helps businesses find the most qualified candidates for their job openings. It offers a job order tool and the ability to search resumes. SMART (Skills Matching and Referral Technology) is the sister tool that jobseekers use to build resumes and match to job orders. Both tools use artificial intelligence technology to analyze job orders and resumes using skills matching, rather than keyword matching.
There are a number of federal and state tax credits available to businesses who hire qualified individuals, which can offer substantial savings to a business.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC):
A federal tax credit to promote hiring individuals from target groups, like veterans and youth.
- Workers with Disabilities Tax Credit (WETC):
A New York State tax credit that offers savings for hiring individuals with disabilities.
- Excelsior Jobs Program:
Provides tax credits for job creation in targeted industries, such as biotechnology, pharmaceutical, high-tech, clean-technology, green technology, financial services, agriculture and manufacturing.
If a business needs to upgrade the skills of certain employees, or needs to train a new employee, FMS Workforce Solutions can refer the business to certified training providers or help set up an in-house training program. In some cases, there is funding available to help a business train new and current employees. Programs include:
- Employed Worker Training: Designed to meet the special requirements of an employer or group of employers and relates to the introduction of new technologies or productions or service procedures and upgrading to new jobs that require additional skills through on-the-job training. Reimbursement of up to 50% of training costs according to eligibility.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT): Specialized hands-on training that the employer develops and conducts to bridge skill gaps in a new hire. Up to 50% reimbursement according to eligibility.
- Customized Training: Customized training is specialized training offered by a training provider at the business facility or a classroom related to the introduction of new technologies, new production or service procedures, an upgrade to a new job that requires additional skills, workplace literacy, or other appropriate purposes. This training will enable YOUR workforce to be more productive and effective in their jobs with up-to-date skill sets.
- Apprenticeship Training: A combination of hands-on work experience and classroom instruction to produce a skilled worker.