July 12, 2022 Agenda
- Post by Carol Ellis
- July 7, 2022
___JOSEPH SEMIONE, CHAIRMAN
___MIKE FITZGERALD, VICE CHAIRMAN
___TODD RULISON, TREASURER
___JOSEPH GILLIS, SECRETARY
___DAVID D’AMORE, MEMBER
___SUE COLLINS, MEMBER
___DR. GREG TRUCKENMILLER, MEMBER
___JAMES MRAZ, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
___KARA LAIS, FITZGERALD, MORRIS, BAKER, FIRTH PC
___SCOTT HENZE, PLANNING DIRECTOR
___WARREN GREENE, FULTON COUNTY CENTER FOR REGIONAL GROWTH
___JACK WILSON, LIAISON, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE
MADE BY :
MADE BY :
a) Appointed Vireo Health as the IDA’s Project Agent.
b) Established the total project cost to be $55,000,000.
c) Approved granting up to $2,251,520 in sales tax exemptions.
d) Set July 31, 2022 as the date when the sales tax exemptions expire.
b. Requests from Vireo Health:
a) Increase the project cost from $55,000,000 to $77,465,438.
b) Increase the amount of sales tax exemptions they can take from $2,251,520 to $3,284,535.
c) Extend the deadline for taking sales tax exemptions from July 31, 2022 to May 31, 2023.
2. Vireo Health is making these requests because:
a) Unanticipated costs incurred.
b) Significant escalation in cost of building materials.
c) Delays in completing project due to proposed acquisition by Verano Holdings and redesigning and re-permitting the project.
c. Deadline for Receiving Sales Tax Exemptions:
d. Public Hearing:
MOTION: To approve a Resolution authorizing a public hearing with respect to the Vireo Health of New York’s Perth Facility Expansion Project in connection with an increase of the authorized sales tax exemption.
2. Sale of Land to Lott Holdings:
– Two (2) parcels to be deeded to Fulton County Sewer District No. 4.
– One (1) parcel to be deeded to Lott Holdings.
4. 90-Day Notice to New York State:
3 months : 1.75%
6 months : 2.50%
9 months : 2.64%
12 months : 2.88%
b. Appointing an Agent: Form ST-60:
– business or developer,
– contractor, or
– establishes a project, or
– appoints an Agent
c. Amending or Revoking an Agent’s Appointment:
– amended, revoked, canceled, or is otherwise no longer valid; and
– the effective date of the change
d. Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements:
e. Annual Compliance Report: Form ST-62:
– the terms and conditions of each of its projects;
– the IDA’s activities and efforts to recapture any State sales tax exemption benefits due; and
– any other information required by either the:
o Commissioner of Taxation and Finance, or
o Commissioner of Economic Development.
– Commissioner of Taxation and Finance,
– Director of the Budget,
– Commissioner of Economic Development,
– State Comptroller, and
– Board of Supervisors
f. Recapture Requirements: Form ST-65:
– not entitled or authorized to be taken;
– in excess of the amounts authorized (see ST-340);
– for unauthorized property or services; or
– for property or services not used according to the terms of the project contract with the IDA.
g. Agent Activities:
2. Reporting Requirements: Form ST-340:
– the agent itself; and
– the agent’s sub-agents, contractors, subcontractors, consultants and others, whether or not appointed as agents of the IDA.
2. Agent Responsibilities with Sales Tax Exemptions:
i. matters which will imperil the public safety if disclosed;
ii. any matter which may disclose the identity of a law enforcement agent or informer;
iii. information relating to current or future investigation or prosecution of a criminal offense which would imperil effective law enforcement if disclosed;
iv. discussions regarding proposed, pending or current litigation;
v. collective negotiations pursuant to article fourteen of the civil service law;
vi. the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation, or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of a particular person or corporation;
vii. the preparation, grading or administration of examinations;
viii. the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities held by such public body, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof.
MOTION: To go into Executive Session to discuss the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities held by such public body, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof.
MADE BY :
MOTION : To go out of Executive Session.
MADE BY :
August 9, 2022
MADE BY :