August 9, 2022 Agenda
- Post by Carol Ellis
- August 9, 2022
___JOSEPH SEMIONE, CHAIRMAN
___MIKE FITZGERALD, VICE CHAIRMAN
___TODD RULISON, TREASURER
___JOSEPH GILLIS, SECRETARY
___DAVID D’AMORE, MEMBER
___SUE COLLINS, MEMBER
___DR. GREG TRUCKENMILLER, MEMBER
___JAMES MRAZ, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
___KARA LAIS, FITZGERALD, MORRIS, BAKER, FIRTH PC
___SCOTT HENZE, PLANNING DIRECTOR
___DR. LESLIE FORD, FULTON COUNTY CENTER FOR REGIONAL GROWTH
___JACK WILSON, LIAISON, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE
MADE BY :
MADE BY :
a) Appointed Vireo Health as the IDA’s Project Agent.
b) Established the total project cost to be $55,000,000.
c) Approved granting up to $2,251,520 in sales tax exemptions.
d) Set July 31, 2022 as the date when the sales tax exemptions expire.
b. Requests from Vireo Health:
a) Increase the project cost from $55,000,000 to $77,465,438.
b) Increase the amount of sales tax exemptions they can take from $2,251,520 to $3,284,535.
c) Extend the deadline for taking sales tax exemptions from July 31, 2022 to May 31, 2023.
2. Vireo Health is making these requests because:
a) Unanticipated costs incurred.
b) Significant escalation in cost of building materials.
c) Delays in completing project due to proposed acquisition by Verano Holdings and redesigning and re-permitting the project.
c. Deadline for Receiving Sales Tax Exemptions:
d. Public Hearing:
e. Resolution Approving Increase in Sales Tax Exemptions:
a. Johnstown Industrial Park:
– Two (2) lots are vacant.
* One is owned by Pioneer Windows on Union Avenue Extension.
* One is a 20-acre parcel owned by the IDA on Opportunity Drive.
– One (1) lot has a partially completed building that was previously owned by Johnstown Renewables.
3) 10 Companies Located in these 14 Buildings:
– K & M Tire is a family-owned regional tire distributor headquartered in Delphos, OH. K & M owns and operates 33 distribution centers throughout the Great Lakes, Midwest and Great Plains regions and distributes 50+ brands of passenger, light truck and medium truck tires and 12+ brands of agricultural, industrial and specialty tires. K & M offers numerous associate dealer and marketing programs to tire retailers across the United States. Because K & M does not own or operate any retail locations, nor does it sell directly online to consumers.
-Propak is a proactive provider of leading-edge logistics, transportation and supply chain management solutions. Propak provides reverse logistics, warehousing, transportation, packaging and technology solutions.
b. Crossroads Industrial Park:
– There are 7 buildings.
– Two (2) lots are vacant totaling 6.3 acres.
3) 6 Companies Located in these 7 Buildings:
c. Crossroads Business Park:
– There are 2 buildings.
– 21 lots are vacant.
3) 2 Companies Located in these 2 Buildings:
d. Tryon Technology Park:
– There is 1 completed building.
– There is 1 building under construction.
– There are 6 vacant lots.
3) 1 Company Located in the 1 Existing Building:
|# Buildings||# Buildings Occupied||# Companies||Total Assessed Valuation|
|Crossroads Business||2||2||2||$ 1,531,000|
i. matters which will imperil the public safety if disclosed;
ii. any matter which may disclose the identity of a law enforcement agent or informer;
iii. information relating to current or future investigation or prosecution of a criminal offense which would imperil effective law enforcement if disclosed;
iv. discussions regarding proposed, pending or current litigation;
v. collective negotiations pursuant to article fourteen of the civil service law;
vi. the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation, or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of a particular person or corporation;
vii. the preparation, grading or administration of examinations;
viii. the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities held by such public body, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof.
MOTION: To go into Executive Session to discuss the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities held by such public body, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof.
MADE BY :
MOTION : To go out of Executive Session.
MADE BY :
September 6, 2022
MADE BY :