FULTON COUNTY INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
This policy shall apply to all Agency Board members, officers and employees.
2. Approval of Travel:
All official travel by Agency Board members for which reimbursement shall be requested shall be approved by the Executive Director prior to said travel occurring.
All official travel by the Executive Director for which reimbursement shall be requested shall be approved by the Agency Chairman prior to said travel occurring.
3. Travel Expenses:
Agency Board members and the Executive Director may use their private vehicle for Agency business purposes if it is less expensive than renting a car, taking a taxi, using alternative transportation or if it saves time. The traveler will be reimbursed at a standard mileage reimbursement rate equal to the mileage rate promulgated by the Internal Revenue Service for business purposes.
Meals will be reimbursed at actual expense or a per diem rate, whichever is less. Lodging will be reimbursed at actual expenses.
Reimbursement for miscellaneous expenses shall be determined on a case by case basis. Mileage rates, per diem allowances and lodging caps will be established and from time to time amended by the Board. All determinations made pursuant to this section shall be made by the Executive Director. In the instance where such determinations regard the travel of the Executive Director, the Chairman shall make such determinations.
4. Reimbursement Procedure:
A travel expense voucher reporting all expenses pertaining to a particular trip shall be submitted to the Executive Director within 45 days of the end of the trip.
- Substantiation: The travel expense voucher shall include:
- Date and time of departure from and return to the Agency or traveler’s residence;
- Purpose of the travel or the nature of the Agency business benefit derived as a result of the travel;
- Whether or not the expenses incurred during the travel were pre-approved; and
- The amount of each expenditure, listed by date and location.
- Receipts: The original of the following receipts must be submitted along with the travel expense voucher:
- All travel tickets (i.e. airline tickets, train tickets, rental car agreement, tolls, etc.);
- All meal receipts (i.e. signed credit card slips or payment stubs); and
- All lodging receipts (i.e. hotel, motel receipts).
5. Final Approval:
The Executive Director or Agency Chairman shall review each travel expense voucher in order to ensure that the traveler has provided adequate substantiation and to determine whether the expenses listed therein are reasonably. The Executive Director or Agency Chairman may require additional substantiation and, if the Executive Director or Agency Chairman finds a particular expense to be unreasonably (either as to amount or purpose), the Executive Director or Agency Chairman may deny reimbursement of the expense or reduce the amount of the reimbursement for such expense.
Adopted: September 30, 2008